New Replies to Your Posts Unread posts since last visit 10 Most Recent Posts MBBSL
WELCOME to MASTER BOOZIES BLUE STAR LOUNGE

April 19, 2024, 07:14:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Saving Fonts

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saving Fonts  (Read 231 times)
DC
Queen Mistress

ise qwacked....gets sum duck tape LOL

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:41:03 am »

well when i always have come across a font i always installed it to my windows file so that id be able to use it in PSP...well i wasnt thinkin that there 10 a thousands of fonts, and that your folder should only hold 700 there abouts so that it wont start freezing up etc.... Embarrassed  so i  was told the best route to go is to down load the font thing an store your fonts in a separate folder....an when a font is needed, the font thing will help you browse an find the font u need and install it. Now i do not know all the ins an outs of it right now....i have a lot of sorting and uninstallin...and of course one is not to uninstall any of the fonts that come with windows...now aint that grand...i have to know which ones  lol  so i thought i would mention it all to everywun...so as to save time down the road when your folders getting full and not know what to do.
You can down load the font thing at   http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

stay tuned lol
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

DC
Queen Mistress

ise qwacked....gets sum duck tape LOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:14:55 am »

here is what my friend Tori said....

Never install more than 300 fonts into your fonts folder.

Currently mine (XP) has 277 and it does not like installing new ones, it freezes when trying.

On my computers D drive I have folders for my fonts. One is named Fonts, one dings and one various (the graphic kind like candy cane, animals, etc).
Then I save each font to its specific folder when downloading them and unzip them right in there.

I had one time had over 10000 fonts in my folders but after not using 3/4 of them, wrote them to cd and only keep on computer what I truly use. They were categorized into subfolders for easier locating.

When I want to use one, I use the font thing(have tried them all and it is the best for what I like), and it browses to that folder I have last used and all the fonts in it will preview to use.

To use a font, just highlight it in font thing and it will be available in your PSP and animation shop, even photo impact. Then you will find that font in the text tool list of fonts available.

Font Thing
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html
It is freeware and I use the zip one, it does not have to install, you just click the exe and it opens.

If you are uninstalling fonts, be careful not to uninstall essential windows fonts cause it will mess up your computer (did that once lol),
Here is a link of what never to delete.
http://www.kayskreations.net/fonts/fonttb.html

Hope this helps.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Web Site Hit Counter
Internet Dating Services
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum