New Replies to Your Posts Unread posts since last visit 10 Most Recent Posts MBBSL
WELCOME to MASTER BOOZIES BLUE STAR LOUNGE

March 29, 2024, 06:00:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Newfoundland Memories

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newfoundland Memories  (Read 882 times)
DC
Queen Mistress

ise qwacked....gets sum duck tape LOL

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »

gawd luv garge...wat a great job e did Wink

http://www.nlfirst.ca/MyNewfoundlandMemories.wmv
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TNT
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 09:47:41 pm »

yes he did a great job Smiley

It made me homesick though  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
newfiebabe
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 10:10:48 pm »

36 what a  really nice  site  ,i really miss  nfld  but its ok  as long as there is peoplr like u / that make up sites with nfld stuff    mus newfies living away wont get home sick.   
Report Spam   Logged
DC
Queen Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 04:39:44 am »

Hi Newfiebabe,  welcome ta Master Boozie's   58  Glad ya dropped by...how long has ya been way frum home maid....it sure do help chattin wit udders away frum da rock...its a connection we all share; missen family friends an de land we love most hug2
Report Spam   Logged
Murlag44
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 12:53:34 am »

Good Evening!

What a GREAT SITE!  I am so pleased to have found it.. it feels as though I have come home! 

I shall come here often..

Muriel!
Report Spam   Logged
Murlag44
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:07:31 am »

Hi, Me Again!

Since this is a 'Memory' forum, I thought I would share one of mine..  I wrote this little essay a while ago and never found any place to use it..

Sunday Mornings

When I was little, my week began with the Sunday Morning Worship Service in Wesley United Church in St. John's, Newfoundland. This service started at 11:00AM and ended at noon.

The beginning of the service was entertaining enough with singing which I thoroughly enjoyed even then, a bit of Scripture which I endured, the announcements, and the collection where I got to drop my nickel into the round wooden plate with the green felt lining on the bottom so that my nickel would not tinkle.

Then the inevitable happened. The church fell silent. Everyone settled back to hear the Gems of Wisdom, otherwise known as the 'Sermon', that the Good Reverend had chosen to share with his congregation that day. A moment or two of silence to get the coughs and throat clearings out of the way, and he was off! I remember thinking that he had chosen to share every one of those gems that day.. and would he NEVER find the end of the list?

While I knew that little girls who fidgeted during the SERMON would surely burn in Hell, it had no impact on my ability to sit still with my hands folded demurely in my lap, like a very good little girl!  And of course finding any sort of entertainment in my pocket or purse was a mortal sin. Still, I managed to shred dozens of Kleenex, ingest a supply of Vicks Cough Drops that I just happened to find in my pocket, fold the pages of the hymnal in fascinating patterns, and if I were fortunate enough to find a pencil in my pocket, the cover pages of the above mentioned hymnals were at my mercy.

Only God knows how the Good Reverend managed to fit a ten hour sermon into the allotted thirty minutes!

Finally.. release! The Sermon was OVER!

HALLAUGAH and AMEN!

The congregation came to life! Amid the stretches and yawns, the final hymn was rendered, the Good Reverend pronounced the Benediction..

"Go, and the Grace of God go with you!"

He did NOT have to invite me to do that twice. I was out of there. And next week, I did it all over again!

Muriel!
Report Spam   Logged
DC
Queen Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 02:44:11 am »

Hi Murial  58

so glad ta see you join up....my  what you just wrote there brought back memeries...i remembers gettin all prissied up and goin ta church on sundays  an remembering what you decribed der....i guess i came frum de age were us kids sat an behaved  an endured things that may have not been palatable to us at de time but we did so fer we wus taught ta sit an behaves.  thanks so much fer sharin hug2

yoo will fines a good many of us venture to de lounge ta chat, tis been slow at times, but de fine folk who comes in are a great bunch. Ifn ya dus any PSPn we has a club here as well as im sure you will read...so makes yerself at home luv an if ya has any questions  dont be fraid ta ask.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Murlag44
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 01:56:05 pm »

G'Afternoon!

Thank-you for that Newfie Welcome!  And I am pleased that you enjoyed my little trip down Memory Lane to Wesley United Church! 

I am an avid PSPer, using Version 10 and shall enjoy shaing tips an solutions to challenges, with the folks here.. 

By the way, I live in Vancouver, BC.. 

Muriel!
Report Spam   Logged
DC
Queen Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 03:41:37 pm »

OHHH COOOL  an udder psp er  i will set de permissions fer u fer de cub luv  ohh boys happy0065
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Web Site Hit Counter
Internet Dating Services
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum