New Replies to Your Posts Unread posts since last visit 10 Most Recent Posts MBBSL
WELCOME to MASTER BOOZIES BLUE STAR LOUNGE

March 28, 2024, 08:32:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

i members

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i members  (Read 808 times)
DC
Queen Mistress

ise qwacked....gets sum duck tape LOL

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2006, 01:23:27 pm »

me trip cross da rock wen goin home da summer of 68...... my sum de memries r so clear. i member me n me brudder crawlin up on da boat on de welcum ta newfoundland sign. My tis a wunder Dad even stopped eer....i nose wusn fer long doh, wen his feet tuched NL soil e was like a dawg wit a scent in hot persoot.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

NewfieSanta

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 10:00:56 pm »

is that the boat that use to be on the TCH just outside Port Aux Basques Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
DC
Queen Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 02:07:18 am »

yes Santie das da wun....dey sure do needs wun der now...twood sure be good fer da torists
Report Spam   Logged
Murlag44
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 02:03:24 pm »

Hi! 

I was home that year, too..  we could have been on the same boat.  I was in a little black and yellow Karman Ghia, parked on the deck.. 

Great fun..  I was home in Come Home Year, a couple of years before that, too.. 

Muriel!
Report Spam   Logged
DC
Queen Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 03:44:57 pm »

lass i was over was in 2001  an we also was der in 2000...my i wish we wus goin agin soon...sure do miss it
Report Spam   Logged
Murlag44
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 03:01:23 pm »

Hi..

I was there last year for about three weeks..  I am thinking of spending next summer there, renting a place for a couple of months, renting a car and just roaming the island, leisurely visiting the relatives (shake any tree and one falls out), and seeing places that I had missed before.. 

That is my idea of a holiday.

Muriel!
Report Spam   Logged
DC
Queen Mistress

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 03:25:40 pm »

that wood be sum nice ta do specially in dat area.....oh ive driven tru dat area on me way to de avalon, but ise never ventured round  der...wood luvs ta go round de bay verte area an up grose mourne , st anthony....maybe wun day will do...i guess wen me feet hits ground  i gets dat blood hound instinct ta hed fer carboneer.... 47
Report Spam   Logged
Murlag44
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 06:19:50 pm »

Hi.. 

While I am sure no one here actually remembers this era, or even if this is the proper place to put it, but this is an interesting bit of Newfoundland history:

This is the stove in the one-room school where Miss Grace Attwood taught, back around 1926.  I believe it was in Deer Lake, although I am not sure.   Each student used to bring an armload of firewood each day to keep that strove going and the little kids from freezing their little fingers and noses.

Notice the wood floors, likely bitterly cold in the winter, and the blackboard.  There is something written on that and I would love to know what it is. 

I have the camera with which the picture was taken. 

Enjoy!

Muriel!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Web Site Hit Counter
Internet Dating Services
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum